[DRBD-user] initscript should be non-interactive

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Sun May 23 12:06:42 CEST 2004

On 2004-05-22T12:23:05,
   David Krovich <dkrovich at csee.wvu.edu> said:

> I've currently got a bug filed against the Debian drbd packages that I
> would appreciate comments from people on this list to help resolve.
> It is in regards to what the /etc/init.d/drbd initscript should do in
> regards the ask_for_abort() function.

The init script has been greatly simplified in 0.7, but this question
CANNOT be removed; it's not 'hard' to decide what to do, it is
impossible. It must block and wait for adminstrative input.

(There's the different timeout options involved which will pick an
answer eventually, but until then, drbd has no choice but to block.)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering	      \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SUSE Labs			      | try again. fail again. fail better.