[DRBD-user] error (device drbd0): ext3_free_blocks: bit already cleared

Eugene Crosser crosser at rol.ru
Wed May 19 10:36:33 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 17:15, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> This is today's CVS drbd 0.7_pre7
> It may be related to DRBD or Jan's recent changes in ext3.
> After a couple switchovers of primary and secondary, right when nfsa1
> was booting, primary nfsa2 got filesystem panic (which did not actually
> halted the system but this is another story).
>
> May 17 16:49:18 nfsa2.mail.back kernel: tg3: eth1: Link is up at 1000 Mbps, full duplex.
> May 17 16:49:18 nfsa2.mail.back kernel: tg3: eth1: Flow control is on for TX and on for RX.
> May 17 16:49:33 nfsa2.mail.back kernel: EXT3-fs error (device drbd0): ext3_free_blocks: bit already cleared for block 43658531
> May 17 16:49:33 nfsa2.mail.back kernel: Kernel panic: EXT3-fs (device drbd0): panic forced after error

I am not 100% sure but quite probably this was related to the other
problem that I reported later, when synctarget thinks that it is OK but
syncsource does not complete.  I mean, the corruption happend after I
did a switchover when the nodes where in such inconsistent state.

Speaking of the filesystem and quota, it looks quite stable now (running
torture tests for 24h, goes smoothly so far).

Eugene