[DRBD-user] drbd uml 2.6.6

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu May 13 17:21:49 CEST 2004

/ 2004-05-13 15:03:37 +0100
\ Mark Olliver:
> Hi,
>
> I tried the patch you did, but it failed on two points when patching
> against the standard 2.6.6 kernel. So I followed the steps you took and
> applied each of the patches by had to the stock kernel. ( the uml patch
> is newer than the one you mentioned) and all patched ok.

ok, my "clean kernel.org 2.6.6" was not actually linux-2.6.6,
but linux-2.6.1 + patch-2.6.[2-6] ...
maybe the resulting tree looks slightly different
(though it should not, maybe it does!).

> I have tried to build a basic kernel with the drbd built in but it seam
> to keep failing during the make at the point bellow, does anyone have
> any ideas??

I did only UML compiles recently... the do work.

> In file included from drivers/block/drbd/drbd_fs.c:47:
> drivers/block/drbd/drbd_int.h:200: error: conflicting types for 'recalc_sigpending_tsk'
> include/linux/sched.h:914: error: previous declaration of 'recalc_sigpending_tsk' was here

just remove the offending declaration of recalc_sigpending_tsk in
drbd_int.h, it was a leftover from a RH compatibility patch for 2.4.20.

I wonder why my compiler does not complain.

btw, what is your compiler?
mine is gcc 3.3.1 (SuSE Linux)

> drivers/block/drbd/drbd_int.h:379: warning: `packed' attribute ignored

this too is strange, and is some weird compiler issue.
as long as the outcome *is* packed, this is nothing to worry about.
if the resulting structs are not packed, you have a problem.

	Lars Ellenberg