[DRBD-user] Some weird behaviour

Nuno Tavares nunotavares at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 17:21:47 CEST 2004

Greetings,

I've been out for a while, trying to determine if DRBD fit in my case. It
does. And it does it incredibly. I'm really surprised with it. But I have
a couple of questions, using 0.6.12:

1) Sometimes I gues the following message:
   "drbd0: predetermined states are in contradiction to GC's"
   That happened, at least, with host1/Primary and when booting host2.
   What does it mean?

2) Also, I'm using heartbeat to control the NFS resource that relies upon
DRBD, and setting DRBD to be "passive", ie, cluster-managed (see
configuration file below). Setting it to "auto_failback=off", and booting
host1 and host2 at the same time (they launch INIT/drbd script almost at
the same time) I get this sometimes:
on host1: /proc/drbd: primary/unknown, NEEDS_SYNC
on host2: it starts dumping "drbd0: !page in drbd_put_ee()" in an infinite
loop.
   What could be wrong? This is the unique situation that is unstable.

Anyway, I'm going to start helping you with CVS version as soon as I'm off
with this.

Best regards,
--
-