[DRBD-user] Request for help with DRBD-0.7

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue May 11 16:19:13 CEST 2004

> Regarding the OOPS. By now I do not understand what is going on
> here...
>
> there is a call to wake_up() in _drbd_process_ee. But why should
> a page-fault happen within this wake_up() call ???

now, we introduced this typo in the new drbd_get_ee,
al_wait instead of ee_wait, finish_wait using the wrong spinlock,
and you can have two threads modifying the waitq lists at the same time.

if dereferencing LIST_POISON[12] involves a page-fault,
then that might be the root of the problem :-/

so if that is the case, current CVS might already help.

> While looking at the description of your setup, I thought that
> you might be the first one who tested DRBD-0.7 on a machine
> that actually uses HIGHMEM ?
>
> Could you try to reproduce this with HIGHMEM disabled ?

yes please.

	Lars Ellenberg