[DRBD-user] Request for help with DRBD-0.7

Michael Hoennig michael at hostsharing.net
Tue May 11 14:13:49 CEST 2004

Hi Eugene,

>> 2.4.x also had two problems with ext3 and quota on SMP systmes. That's
>> why our uptime is so bad :-(
>>
>> Thats one reason, why I am looking forward to DRBD with full XFS support
>
>Before or after 2.4.25?  There was a nasty problem fixed in 2.4.25 that
>caused deadlocks in previous versions.

If I remember correctly, there was one bug fixed in 2.4.23 but a new one
introduced. That was then fixed in 2.4.25 or 2.4.26.  Now we have 2.4.26
and again deadlocks with SMP, quota and high load.  But it is no DRBD
problem.  Of course, a DRBD on top of this system most likely would also
die.

         Michael