[DRBD-user] Request for help with DRBD-0.7

Ron O'Hara rono at sentuny.com.au
Tue May 11 12:49:37 CEST 2004

Ok .. but here's some bad feedback ... I just took the cvs version
(which is labeled 0.7-pre7) and it has the same problem I mentioned a
couple of days ago where the 2nd box locks up solid as soon as it
contacts the primary.  This time I've written down all the trace back
that I can see on the screen: (without the hex offsets)

in_atomic (): 1  irqs_disabled (): 0
call trace

   __might_sleep +0xab/0xc9
   printk
   profile_exit_task
   do_exit
   do_page_fault
   do_divide_error
   do_page_fault
   reschedule_interrupt
   inet_recevmsg
   sock_recvmsg
   do_page_fault
   error_code
   __wake_up_common
   __wake_up
   _drbd_process_ee
   default_wake_function
   drbd_process_ee
   drbd_asender
   drbd_thread_setup +0x79
   drbd_thread_setup +0x00
   kernel_thread_helper

Interesting pieces in this puzzle (since timing is at the heart of all
good comedy)
- Gigabit ethernet connection ... things hapen quickly here
- bonded ethernet interface (slightly slower ... but not much)
- linux 2.6.4 stock kernel
- 1Gb ram

Is this enough to go by?  The machine is still sitting there with the
offsets on the screen and the fault is 100% reproducible.

Ron