[DRBD-user] Request for help with DRBD-0.7

Eugene Crosser crosser at rol.ru
Tue May 11 11:03:06 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 12:28, Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> > As with today the only open issue is that it currently does
> > not work with XFS.  (Earlier releases already worked with XFS,
> > it must be something on the surface..., not a desing bug...)
>
> note that in my 2.6.5 uml setup, xfs *seems* to work at first.
> it hangs every now and then in some strange code path seemingly
> unrelated to DRBD, though. (it does so on plain DM, too, when not that
> often as on top of DRBD; so this might be an issue with my UML kernel)...

I'd like to add that 2.6 kernel is *known* to have issue(s) with ext3,
causing deadlocks, unrelated to DRBD.  That is for sure when quota is
enabled, but as far as I could figure from the developers' comments,
they might show without quota too.  So, there is *some* possibility that
xfs might have similar issues.

Eugene