[DRBD-user] Re: A big bug in datadisk

Dmitry Golubev dmitry at mikrotik.com
Mon May 10 21:56:37 CEST 2004

> I'll just bounce it to the list for now.
> And, I don't see were the *bug* is?

OK, subscribing to the list...

> > Today I've fount a really big bug in datadisk which causes HA cluster
> > locking. During the procedure it tries to unmount DRBD partition, it
> > first tries just to unmount, then tries to kill all users which access
> > the partition (please put this option by default, as in the patch I've
> > send you recently, - it really helps). Yes?
>
> You do want to "put this option" what? on? off? what option?
> Mentioned mail obviously did not reach me.

Message resent at your request - please notify, if you have not received it
yet.

The option I am referring is dontkill, Which I want to be removed from the
default configuration (I am not sure of what dontwait is for, maybe it also
should be disabled?). For people do not face problems when Keepalived HA
'cluster' starts working very mysteriously (well, that would be too long to
retell the whole story, what I mean by mysteriously :)

> > But in case something is mounted there (or binded with mount --bind), the
> > partition won't unmount even if you kill every single process in the
> > system! I will send you a patch tomorrow, which tries to unmount all
> > internal mounts.
>
> Thanks.
>
> The "right" way to go about this seems to be: only have a drbddisk
> script (as with 0.7) which *only* activates/deactivates (make
> Primary/Secondary)  the device, and use the Filesystem resource script
> provided by heartbeat to mount/umount.

When the 0.7 will be out? Anyway, I am not using hearbeat - I am using
Keepalived, and I suppose in that case they also will have to make that
script? In my opinion, DRBD is the right place to do low-level things as
mounting/unmounting filesystems. That is really good to separate that really
huge script into few nice pieces, but please leave them in DRBD.

As for unmounting binded partitions, I feel like the only possible way (at
least I am not aware of any other...) is to scan through the current 'mount'
table, and grep and awk the needed mount-points from there.

Dmitry