[DRBD-user] Some question

gianlu]{a theblackangel at email.it
Sat Mar 27 11:23:25 CET 2004

Hi,
i have built a two node HA-cluster with suse 9 and heartbet.
This cluster replies our mail system based on postfix, apache( for squirrel)
and courier-imap.
I use the maildir so I have to sync the /home mountpoint.
For budget reason we haven’t a shared storage so I find this great software
and decide to try it.
On suse it’s simple to install because it’s include in the distro, so I
create my drbd.conf and all seems to works fine.
I sync the /dev/hda3  50GB partition on the two node.

This is my conf file
  resource drbd0 {
  protocol=C
  fsckcmd=/bin/true
  inittimeout=-60

disk {
  do-panic
  disk-size=52434552
  }

net {
  sync-nice=-10
  sync-min=80000
  sync-max=110000
  }

 on mail1 {
    device=/dev/nb0
    disk=/dev/hda3
    address=10.0.0.1
    port=7789
  }

  on mail2 {
    device=/dev/nb0
    disk=/dev/hda3
    address=10.0.0.2
    port=7789
  }
}

A thing i haven't understand, it is better to have a row like this
/dev/nb0 /home auto noauto 1 1
In /etc/fstab or remove this line and use something like this
Filesystem::/dev/nb0::/home::auto
In /etc/ha.d/haresources.

Thanks a lot

---
Gianluca Lini
Genoa Italy

---
Le mail in uscita da Leonardo sono certificate Virus Free.