[DRBD-user] DRBD over an existing filesystem

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Mar 26 12:54:19 CET 2004

/ 2004-03-26 15:59:06 +0530
\ En Chiang Lee:

> > how big is the difference?
> The fsck output is:
>  fsck 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
>  e2fsck 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
>  The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 1004031 blocks
>  The physical size of the device is 506016 blocks
>  Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
>  Abort<y>? yes
>
> > how big is the *peer* device?
> The *peer* is not yet up, so this is on a single machine.
>

> > fdisk -s /dev/hde2
>
> [root at dlssi3 root]# fdisk -s /dev/hde6
> 1004031
> [root at dlssi3 root]# fdisk -s /dev/nbd/0
> 506016

ok.

just to check my suspicion...
please do:

  drbdadm down all

  # wipe out the meta data
  dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hde5 bs=512 count=1

  # *NO* size parameter in drbd.conf please !

  drbdadm up all
  read_gc.pl             # size should be 0
  fdisk -s /dev/nbd/0    # should be 0

  drbdsetup /dev/nbd/0 resize -d $(fdisk -s /dev/hde6)

  read_gc.pl             # now size should be 10Gig (or whatever hde6 is)
  fdisk -s /dev/nbd/0    # now should show the same as fdisk -s /dev/hde6

I suspect that you cannot INCREASE size by drbdsetup resize
in unconnected mode once there is a last_agreed size in the meta data.
So make sure you get the size right when you set it the first time,
or make sure you connect the peers first...

	Lars Ellenberg