[DRBD-user] pop/imap high availability with drbd

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Mar 23 19:00:15 CET 2004

/ 2004-03-23 14:53:41 +0100
\ Helmut Wollmersdorfer:
> Lars Ellenberg wrote:
>
> > If you find some highly available shared backing storage allowing
> > concurrent access by several servers from all over the internet,
> > let us know, whether it is comercial or a free project.
> > I don't know of such a thing.
>
> http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/ sounded interesting for me, but there were
> details, which didn't meet my requirements.
>
> In my opinion DRBD has its advantages for applications which produce lot of
> small and unpredictable updates, e.g. mail, databases, wiki, logs.
>
> For read only webpages, pictures, office documents, source and other stuff,
> where I know, when they are updated, CVS with autoupdate+rsync is doing very
> well., automatically providing versions/generations.

OK, I of course meant to say:
"distributed highly available shared backing storage allowing
 concurrent *random* access by several servers from all over
 the internet providing a *consitent view* on the data to all
 servers in *real time*"

Which was what I think the original poster, Armin Langhofer, had in mind...

:)

	lge