[DRBD-user] using drbd in a monolithic kernel?

Kees Cook kees at osdl.org
Tue Mar 23 18:34:34 CET 2004

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 09:53:33AM +0100, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> drbd/drbd_*.c
> drbd/[include/]linux/drbd.h
> drbd/[include/]linux/drbd_conf.h
>
> * As far as I understand the woes of the packet maintainers, they would
>   like to see all the sourced for building the modules in one tree.
>
> * And a symlink in the root directory of the distribution tarball, so
>   that people see the drbd_conf.h in the uppermost directory.
>
> * Actually the [include/] part in the path is not necessary, so I
>   am thinking about omitting it.
>
> Lars, David, Philipp: Any oppinions on how the sources should be layed out,
>   from the viewpoint of a package maintainer ?

The reason I did this was because "shared" include files tend to go in
linux-VERSION/include/linux

Since the userspace tools use them, it makes sense to leave it as

#include <linux/drbd....>

so that they can find it either in the /usr/include/linux symlink (in the
case that they are building it into the kernel), or in
$topdir/include/linux if they haven't built it into the kernel tree.

The goal of the patch was to make the drbd source the same, no matter if
you were building it inside or outside of the kernel tree.

--
Kees Cook
Open Source Development Lab
kees at osdl.org