[DRBD-user] pop/imap high availability with drbd

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Tue Mar 23 14:53:41 CET 2004

Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> If you find some highly available shared backing storage allowing
> concurrent access by several servers from all over the internet,
> let us know, whether it is comercial or a free project.
> I don't know of such a thing.

http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/ sounded interesting for me, but there were
details, which didn't meet my requirements.

In my opinion DRBD has its advantages for applications which produce lot of
small and unpredictable updates, e.g. mail, databases, wiki, logs.

For read only webpages, pictures, office documents, source and other stuff,
where I know, when they are updated, CVS with autoupdate+rsync is doing very
well., automatically providing versions/generations.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer