[DRBD-user] kernel oops

Kees Cook kees at osdl.org
Thu Mar 18 21:31:03 CET 2004

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 11:25:23AM -0800, Kees Cook wrote:
> I have no idea if this is the result of building it monolithic or not, but
> the instant I tried to run "mke2fs" on the configured /dev/nb0, I
> hit this BUG assert.
>
> Which lands in lc_get, on
>
>         BUG_ON(!lc->nr_elements);

Tracked this down: this is what I get for reading 0.6 docs when using 0.7.
If you set a device to "primary" before starting the syncer, this results.
It should probably be handled more gracefully, though...  ;)

This is caused by al_extents not getting configured, I guess.

(I'll stick to using the init scripts now...)

--
Kees Cook
Open Source Development Lab
kees at osdl.org