[DRBD-user] using drbd in a monolithic kernel?

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Mar 18 11:09:36 CET 2004

/ 2004-03-18 08:59:02 +0100
\ Weyer, Wolfram:
> I had the same problem, and solved it the same way. However I am working
> with drbd 0.6.12 on a Montavista 2.4.20 kernel. Main task is to integrate it
> with the kernel Makefiles and Configs. In the init/main.c you explicitly
> have to call the init_drbd() which otherwise is called with the module init.
>
> For 0.7 and 2.6 the situation might be different.
>
> /Wolfram

I'd like to see such patches ...
AND: don't forget to set minor_count to some more sensible value,
or make it a kernel boot parameter, or you'll end up with only two
minors. Which may or may not be sufficient for your needs...

And of course, you probably  should comment out the module
specific parts in the scripts.

	Lars Ellenberg