[DRBD-user] DRBD stuck in StandAlone

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Mar 17 21:26:35 CET 2004

/ 2004-03-17 18:13:05 +0200
\ dhz_bf at walla.co.il:

> I have DRBD 0.6.11 that manages two partitions between two
> machines running kernel 2.4.18.  I am using heartbeat as a
> cluster manager, and it is configured to use the "datadisk"
> script to turn nodes to primary or secondary state as needed by
> the two nodes states.  I am using bonding to do HA on the NIC
> between eth0 and eth1.

> I have performed the following experimet.  I went to the switch
> to which both the primary and secondary nodes are connected and
> disabled the two links (eth0 and eth1) of the primary node.
> Consequently, the secondary node moved to be Primary (and the
> other node Unknown).

> Also, the cs became StandAlone.

And this is the odd thing.
It should not have done this.
Please provide the relevant syslog
and/or heartbeat log file snipplets.

> Any idea why drbd on the two nodes don't communicate?

If one node is "StandAlone" this means it does not try to connect,
and does not listen for connections.

> How can I recover from such a state?

/etc/init.d/drbd reconnect

on the StandAlone node.

>  Anything I can do to prevent it?

Hm. Find the reason why it went into StandAlone in the first place.
Then we can discuss on this one.

	Lars Ellenberg