[DRBD-user] Weird Problem

dhz_bf at walla.co.il dhz_bf at walla.co.il
Wed Mar 10 17:15:26 CET 2004

Just to complete Lars' message.  Use the following command to setup the primary node on the machine that is supposed to be the master (or active):

drbdsetup /dev/nb0 primary

Of course, you could use nb1, nb2, etc' if you have more than one partition.

Doron

<Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com>
Re: [DRBD-user] Weird Problem

/ 2004-03-09 11:06:17 -0400
\ Matthew Coene:
> I seemingly have drbd installed and working semi ok...
>
> But I just noticed when I do a /cat/proc/drbd I get the following.
>
> 0 CS:Connected st:Secondary/Secondary ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 pe:0 ua:0
>
> How can there be a situation of having two secondary connections.. I thought
> it was always supposed to be a case of one being primary and the other
> secondary?
>
> Any idea how to fix this or what to look at to try to resolve it, I have
> been pulling my hair out lately trying to fix this.. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Primary/Secondary are *STATES* not nodes.
They could be named "Active" and "Standby".
Having both nodes in "Standby" is normal,
*you* or typically your *clustermanager* should decide
which node should be the "Active" one.

	Lars Ellenberg