[DRBD-user] RH EL compile problems

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Mar 10 13:19:03 CET 2004

/ 2004-03-10 10:34:43 +0100
\ Weyer, Wolfram:

Don't mix up the configuration of the running kernel and the
configuration of the kernel source tree, against which DRBD is
compiled.

> I guess you are running the binary kernel that is shipped with your
> distribution. This will not populate your /usr/src/linux, which is be
> referenced by drbd. A "cd /usr/src/linux; make oldconfig; make dep" might be
> sufficient to satisfy drbd.
>
> /Wolfram

Please, read INSTALL in the toplevel DRBD source directory (after
first typing make there, there should be an INSTALL.html, too).
Don't overlook the note about editing the drbd_config.h.

You might succeed just doing "make oldconfig",
but most likely you *NEED* to copy in the configuration file
of the running kernel first. This might be located in
/boot/config-something ...

Note that, if you have a "preconfigured kernel headers" sort of
thing *matching your running kernel*, DRBD should compile against
that cleanly with like two minor warnings, so this is probably the
most convenient way.

	Lars Ellenberg