[DRBD-user] database on drbd

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Mon Mar 8 22:59:59 CET 2004

--On Monday, March 08, 2004 20:12:25 +0100 Lars Ellenberg
<Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:

[ Re: Protocol "B" ]

> And, though one might think it has better performance, and it was
> *intended* to have better performance, benchmarks show that it
> DOES NOT have better performance. We will eventually find out why,
> and fix it.
> Meanwhile: Use protocoll "C", and enjoy transactional semantics
> *and* best performance for short distance links.
>
> "A" is for long distance / high latency links.
> Using "B" does currently not gain anything, but degrades
> throughput, and loses transactional semantics, so should be avoided.

Perhaps a note to that effect can be added to the docs? We went with B here
because if both machines went down at once, we were hosed anyway, and
wanted better performance. *sigh* Time for another maintenance window (and
I just upgraded everything yesterday!)

--
Carson