[DRBD-user] Disk I/O errors: how to set disk-size

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Mar 8 20:56:15 CET 2004

/ 2004-03-08 11:40:37 -0600
\ Brandon Laing:

> So, I'm fairly positive that this is related to the disk size
> setting, but again, I'm not sure how to go about getting the
> *exact* size I need to avoid running into this problem.

Of course it is.

What you basically do is
  mkfs /dev/hdc3
  dd if=/dev/hdc3 of=/dev/fd0
and then expect /dev/fd0 to have a valid file system.

Think about it.

Now, how to get a correct disk-size parameter?

fdisk -s /lower/level/device

On BOTH nodes, then take the minimum of both.
Make sure you do a full sync afterwards.
If necessary "drbdsetup replicate".

The proper way is to setup the drbd first, then create a file
system on the drbd:
mkfs /dev/nb0

	Lars Ellenberg