[DRBD-user] DRBD setup issues on 2 Fedora systems

Brandon Laing Brandon.Laing at vancoservices.com
Wed Mar 3 19:09:11 CET 2004

Todd (and Andy),

Thanks for the tip about changing the makefile for the kernel source.. that seems to have fixed the install problem. Things seem to be much closer to working now.

And just to make sure I'm thinking about things right, if I wanted to have everything under 1 folder be replicated to the second machine, to do that I'd have to have that folder be on it's own partition, correct? If /dev/sda1 is my boot partition, and /dev/sda2 is my root partition, I'd need to make a third one that I wanted to be replicated then? I'm trying to make sure I'm only copying what I need, while also trying to avoid running into any "Lower device is already mounted" errors. Does the partition I want to use for this need to be taken out of the fstab file so it's not mounted on bootup for drbd to start up properly?

Sorry for the newbie questions.. I've looked through the docs and list archives, but I haven't found any answers to these questions.

Thanks again,
Brandon

>>> Todd Denniston <Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil> 03/03/04 11:26AM >>>
<SNIP>
Basicly you probably don't have the module comiled for the kernel you are
running.

Assuming you are trying to run the stock fedora kernel I would suggest reading
the thread attached to
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2004-February/000203.html
and making note that fedora kernels are compiled with
`export CC=gcc32` set.

the reason you see the module under /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2174.nptlcustom is
the installed kernel make file needs modified to set 'EXTRAVERSION =
-1.2174.nptl'.