[DRBD-user] drbd not starting

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Mar 3 11:43:41 CET 2004

/ 2004-03-02 23:14:27 -0800
\ abhin.g.s @ RASC:
> hi,
>
>   My name is Abhin. I am trying to implement drbd in a simple ha
> setup. Drbd is throwing an error message while trying to start.
>
> -----------------------
> machine configuration
>
> kernel 2.4.20-28.7.um.2
> RH7.3
> HB 1.2.0
> drbd 0.6.11-1
> 2 nics per node
> Pentium 4 1.5 Ghz
> ----------------------
>
> error message
>
> [root at Head1 root]# service drbd start
> drbd: pre-parsed needs update, parsing /etc/drbd.conf
>
>   last token read from </etc/drbd.conf> was
>   18: }
>
> resource 'drbd0': unexpected end of file
>   stopped at /etc/init.d/drbd (parse_resource_section) line 785.
>
>   CVSID Id: drbd,v 1.53 2004/02/08 19:39:57 phil Exp
>   BASH_VERSINFO (2 05a 0 1 release i686-pc-linux-gnu)

No Sir. I believe you cheated :)
At least if I use the cvs revision 1.53 (which is the latest
available, btw), and the config snipplet you included (and of
course change one of HeadX to match my hostname), the config file
syntax is fine.

Ah, yes.
Please make sure there is a newline at the end!
Bash "read" builtin chokes otherwise ...

> fstab entries ...
irrelevant for this problem.

> ----------------------
> drbd.conf

You want to add sync-min, sync-max and maybe sync-group,
and even ko-count if you mean it.
Explicitly stating whether local write errors lead to a kernel panic
or not may be a good idea, too.
Just have a look at the well commented example config file in the
scripts subdirectory, and the various documentation and
publications on drbd.org.

	Lars Ellenberg