[DRBD-user] initscript & udev

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at web.de
Wed Jun 30 20:37:27 CEST 2004

> Philipp, the patch is somewhat simplistic; on a loaded system (where
> udev is just busy) it may take longer or not. What about something like:

Right, I didn't consider this.

> while (( ! -e /dev/nb0 && timeout-- )) ; do sleep 1 ; done

Hmm, does this work for you? Or did you mean something like this:

timeout=10;
while [ ! -e /dev/nb0 ] && [ $timeout -gt 0 ] ; do
        sleep 1 ; timeout=$(( $timeout-1 ))
done

While we are at this topic, on our debian system udev doesn't create /dev/nbX
but /dev/drbdX, is this an udev mis-configuration or intended to happen?
Actually, I prever /dev/drbdX.

Cheers,
	Bernd