[DRBD-user] Transfer rates

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu Jun 24 17:54:42 CEST 2004

On 2004-06-24T17:31:18,
   Daniel Khan <d.khan at ventigo.com> said:

> I have a gigabit connection but I am not sure if my transfer rates are
> reasonable.
> Could someone provide some figures which real troughput can be expected
> with drbd and 1000Mbit.

In theory, it should be very close to the minimum of either the disk
speed and the network and the CPU power.

The network can deliver ~100MByte/s in your case, so it's unlikely to be
the bottleneck.

Now, most disks can't deliver read/write performance of 100mb/s, so
they'll likely be your limit.

Whether your not your are overloading your CPUs is hard to tell, I'd
recommend watching top for a while...

And syncer performance will go down if you are accessing the drives
concurrently.

And NFS is slow anyway ;-)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering	    \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SUSE Labs, Research and Development | try again. fail again. fail better.