[DRBD-user] Massive slow down - drbd 0.6.12

JD Gray kahdgarxi at grayserv.com
Thu Jun 24 00:10:04 CEST 2004

I'm in the process of setting up a heartbeat + drbd cluster. I got drbd
working... kinda. I run /etc/init.d/drbd start on both machines, they
connect, and begin SyncingAll, at first the sync went at ~250K/s, so, I
tweaked the sync-rate to 10M. Now, it runs at the 10 it's supposed to
for about 50% of the sync, but then slows down dramatically, back to
~250K/s. I tried using a different network. (Using their internet
connection NIC's running through a switch, rather then the heartbeat
interface) but I'm having similar results other then the switched
network has a much more variable speed when it does work, which is
understandable because of their internet connection through that nic.
The NIC's involved all use the eepro100 driver, excluding the heartbeat
interface NIC on megatron. Here's my drbd.conf (identical on both machines):

armada / # cat /etc/drbd.conf
resource drbd0 {
  protocol=C
  fsckcmd=fsck.xfs