[DRBD-user] NFS vs SMB

Daniel Khan d.khan at ventigo.com
Mon Jun 14 17:10:16 CEST 2004

Gregory Golin wrote:

> I've been reading the list' messages for a coupla weeks now and there's
> something i would like to ask you guys.
>
> Is there a special reason a lot of you choose NFS over Samba?

Speaking for me it's because Samba was born to make the smb protocol
used by ms available on linux/unix.
It was never intended to be a network filesystem for linux.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Daniel Khan
CTO

[::] webCLUSTER.at
Ebretsteiner & Khan OEG

Kornstrasse 10 4060 Leonding
Tel: +43 (0) 732 37 09 60 | Fax: +43 (0) 732 37 09 60 10
http://www.webcluster.at | support at webcluster.at