[DRBD-user] Opteron/Xeon - Kernel 2.4/2.6 setup

Daniel Khan d.khan at ventigo.com
Mon Jun 14 10:12:10 CEST 2004

Lars Ellenberg wrote:

[..]
>>If the setup above is too risky I'll use rsync based replication for now.
> do that.

> I think, ok, you can do it that way ...
> but consider this:

[..]

> now, what do you think may be better wrt performance and latency?

Yes - you may be right. The only thing is that node3 is a 6 SCSI Drive /
Raid 5 monster (Proliant DL380 G3) while node1 and node2 are smaller IDE
machines (DL145).
That's the only reason why I tried to put as much as possible I/O on node3.
But I'll re-think my setup with rsync now.

Thanks a lot for the answers!

--
Daniel Khan
CTO

[::] webCLUSTER.at
Ebretsteiner & Khan OEG

Kornstrasse 10 4060 Leonding
Tel: +43 (0) 732 37 09 60 | Fax: +43 (0) 732 37 09 60 10
http://www.webcluster.at | support at webcluster.at