[DRBD-user] do panic option - fast question.

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jun 11 10:33:15 CEST 2004

/ 2004-06-11 10:20:33 +0200
\ Emotional Vampire:
> Hello,
>
> Can someone tell me What exacly option "do panic" mean ?

drbd will panic the box as soon is recognizes that some local write to
its lower level device failed. (0.7 recognizes also also reads).

that means that your physical storage is broken, and that you likely
want to fail over.

if you don't panic here, the error is only passed back to the upper
layers, i.e. the file system, and reiserfs for one will react very
strange on disk io errors, ext3 will probably panic anyways, ...

> Shuld it be enable?

so yes, it should be enabled in most cases, unless you know why
you want it to be disabled.

	lge