[DRBD-user] 0.7-pre7-2004/06/01 oops

T. Howell-Cintron thc at frognet.net
Thu Jun 10 00:36:54 CEST 2004

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 11:09:15 +0200 Lars Ellenberg
<Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:

> / 2004-06-05 10:11:14 +0200
> \ Lars Ellenberg:
> > > EIP is at finish_wait [drbd] 0x27 (2.4.22-1.2188.nptl)
> >
> > aha.
> > it just occured that its obvious.
> > first, your kernel already contains a backport of those functions,
> > second, our finish_wait backport was wrong.
> >
> > ok, this should be fixed by this, which should be in cvs soonish...
>
> it went in cvs, and out again.
> nonsense.
>
> no, sorry, I don't see any reason for it to have a NULL pointer there.
>
> please, use kernel 2.6

Lars,

Thank you for your response, and for spending the time looking into
this.  I've upgraded the kernel on my 2.4 node, and DRBD is flying along
perfectly.

I was able to compile 0.7-CVS (2004/06/01) without problems on the
custom 2.6 kernel, but on the FC2 box make failed with..

./drbd/drbd_receiver.c: In function `drbd_try_connect':
./drbd/drbd_receiver.c:578: error: too few arguments to function
`sock_create'
./drbd/drbd_receiver.c: In function `drbd_try_connect':
./drbd/drbd_receiver.c:602: error: too few arguments to function
`sock_create'

I Googled for a while and stumbled across a similar problem in other
software (I forget which offhand), where it was suggested to append a
zero to the parameters passed to sock_create. I did so, and DRBD
compiled fine.

	Regards,
	Tom Howell-Cintron