[DRBD-user] drbd.o: unresolved symbol generic_hweight32 ???

Benoit.Ropartz at alcatel.fr Benoit.Ropartz at alcatel.fr
Tue Jun 8 10:44:32 CEST 2004

Finally i have added #include<linux/bitops.h> in all sources using
hweight_long function
and it's OK.

Benoit.

Lars Ellenberg <Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com>@linbit.com on 07/06/2004
18:32:18

Please respond to drbd-user <drbd-user at linbit.com>

Sent by:    drbd-user-admin at linbit.com

To:    drbd-user <drbd-user at linbit.com>
cc:
Subject:    Re: [DRBD-user] drbd.o: unresolved symbol generic_hweight32 ???

/ 2004-06-07 17:20:20 +0200
\ Benoit.Ropartz at alcatel.fr:
> During the module compilation i have seen this message :
>
>      drbd_main.c: In function `bm_end_of_dev_case':
>      drbd_main.c:1969: warning: implicit declaration of function `
> generic_hweight32'
>

> My plateform : RS6000 station (PowerPC) with  kernel release : 2.4.21.
>
> hweigh32 function is defined as generic_hweight32 in
> ../include/asm-ppc/bitops.h
> module...

as is for any other architecture, and therefor we do
drbd_main.c:40: #include <asm/bitops.h>

include/asm should be a (kernel config/make system generated) link to
the asm-ARCH you compile for.
either your preparation of the kernel source tree is broken,
or you have to add ARCH=ppc to the make command line.

 Lars Ellenberg