RES: [DRBD-user] DRBD with raw devices in SLES 8

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jul 30 13:49:17 CEST 2004

/ 2004-07-30 00:52:44 -0300
\ crsurf:
> Sorry about this Lars
>
> The really output is below:
> 0: cs:Unconfigured st:Secondary/Unknown ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 pe:0 ua:0
> 1: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 pe:0 ua:0
> 2: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 pe:0 ua:0
> 3: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 pe:0 ua:0
>
> I see that script datadisk try to mount partition, maybe can this causing
> problem? Because I using raw devices and this cannot be mounted.
> Maybe I have to bind raw devices allways after drbd start and not only at
> boot.

just try it "by hand": access the devices yourself,
using perl, or whatever.

have a look for suspicious lines in syslog
or in application error log files.

are you sure you need "raw character devices", not just
the blockdevice itself without a file system layer in between?
if the latter, just use /dev/nbX directly.

	Lars Ellenberg