[DRBD-user] Redhat ES 3 compile error

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Jul 27 00:01:08 CEST 2004

/ 2004-07-26 17:19:49 -0400
\ Kelly Opal:
> Hi
> 	I was digging through the compile and found these 2 warnings. I hope
> this will help in finding the problem.
>
> drbd_worker.c: In function `w_e_end_rsdata_req':
> drbd_worker.c:619: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `page_count'
>
> drbd_receiver.c: In function `drbd_put_ee':
> drbd_receiver.c:346: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `page_count'
>
> This is the entry in the mm.h file
>
> #define is_page_cache_freeable(page) (page_count(page) - !!page->buffers
> == 1)

no. obviously the define of is_page_cache_freeable, not the define of
page_count...

> So I put #include <linux/mm.h> in the drbd_reciever.c file as well.
you mean into drbd_worker.c (in the patch you quoted, I put it already
into drbd_receiver.c).  ok.

> But
> the problem persists.

as already stated: mm.h is already included implicitly.

> I also tried using 0.6.13 and got the same error.
> I then tried it on RH Enterprise 3 Workstation and got the same thing.
>
> Hope this helps

it does not.
I repeat.  page_count IS A MACRO.
so go and find the definiton of that macro in you kernel source tree.
or compile against kernel.org 2.4.whatever, or better 2.6
(please do this anyways, just as an exercise :)

	Lars Ellenberg