[DRBD-user] initial setup of drbd (kernel 2.6.7, drbd 0.7.0)

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jul 23 16:18:07 CEST 2004

/ 2004-07-23 15:55:35 +0200
\ Martin Bene:

> >> we patched the code there with some 64bit long compatibility things.
> >> seems like there sneaked in some integer overflow issue...
> >
> >please try if this solves it:
> >

> Looks good  - just loaded the patched module and did a drbdadm
> invalidate all, status bar looks much more reasonable now.
>
> Btw, invalidate all triggered the same timeout as initial setup.

yes, it does the same thing, basically.
though I'm not yet sure how we shall deal with this,
maybe in drbdadm we need a better guestimate about how long something
may take, rather than a fixed max timeout on those commands ...
anyways, if you use drbdsetup directly, this won't happen.

	Lars Ellenberg