[DRBD-user] encryption and compression ?!?

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jul 23 16:14:42 CEST 2004

/ 2004-07-23 15:56:35 +0200
\ Bruno Depero:

please use the LIST REPLY function of your mailer !
thanks.

> You understood... this not means I want exactly this... this is the only
> way I jad on my mind... any suggestion is welcome !

have a look at the CIPE project, or at any vpn (OpenVpn, FreeSwan,
whatever).

> But anyway don't know how make it.
> When you talk about 7788 and 'otherport' ... what is that 'otherport' ?

"randomly assigned" by the kernel.
as with most other protocols. that is the "originationg" port.
the port it connects to is fixed (configured).

> So many thanks but still not know how to do that... I'll continue to do
> a backup 3 times a day and sending it to the remote machine :-( until
> I'll don't found another way to do that.

google for CIPE and for vpn in general.
read about VPNs. that will help.

	Lars Ellenberg