[DRBD-user] Performance Problem with Informix Database Server

Thomas Dingermann td at trobisch.de
Fri Jul 23 10:54:18 CEST 2004

I am using drbd-0.7 with ext3-Filesystem (data=journal). Samba, NFS and
Sybase SQL-Anywhere are running fine and fast. There are no lost
(commited) Transactions of Sybase SQL when resetting the primary node.

I have a performance problem with DRBD and Informix Dynamic Server 9.40.

Informix Server opens its database files with O_SYNC in case of normal
files, so writes a very slow. Is it possible to use /dev/nbX as
RAW-Device? Then Informix will open without O_SYNC.

Or is ist possible to prevent O_SYNC without touching Informix-Server?

Best regards
Thomas