[DRBD-user] 0.7.0 as SuSE-patch

Joost Bartels Joost at het.net
Wed Jul 21 16:47:42 CEST 2004

Hi list;

i've been messing around with the SuSE-9.1-prof indtallation, that has
DRBD-0.7-pre5 included.
After a lot of testing and frustration I found out that:
1) DRBD 0.7-pre5 does *not* work after the automagic SuSE YOU kernel-patch.
It complains about an incorrect kernel-version (makes sense...)
2) There's no consistent documentation; the format of the configfile
/etc/drbd.conf differs from both DRBD-0.6.2 (that came with SuSE-8 which
i'm using now) and the DRBD-0.7.0 docs on the website.

Fiddling with the config-file made it possible to bring up a DRBD-device,
but I don't feel sure about the stability...

I would like to install DRBD-0.7.0 but I lost you a bit on how to install
it on SuSE 9.1 (kernel 2.6.4-52-default)... :-(

Are there plans to create a SuSE Yast Online Update for the now released
0.7.0 version?

regards,

     Joost