[DRBD-user] Running with only a primary node ok?

John Lange john.lange at bighostbox.com
Tue Jul 20 04:32:35 CEST 2004

Well, it was an interesting day. While attempting to resolve my
persistent lock-up problems, a power supply miss-hap resulted in one
node of my cluster being out of service.

Apparently power supplies do NOT auto-detect 220v power! They do
however, make this sound *BLAM*!

Fortunately this was the data centre's fault and not mine so they are
covering costs.

So, can drbd safely run with only the primary node for an extended
period of time or should I reconfigure the server to mount the partition
directly until the second node can be restored? Or is this not a good
idea.

--
John Lange