[DRBD-user] Red Hat compile Problem

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Sat Jul 17 11:38:48 CEST 2004

/ 2004-07-17 09:42:47 +0300
\ drbd-user at kenyaweb.com:
> Thanks for response.
>
> Unfortunately there are no rpms for redhat. I looked real hard without
> much success.
>
> I am trying to install version 0.7 DRBD.
>
> Is there somekind of Redhat howto any where?

did you read "INSTALL" from the DRBD.tgz?

did you manage to just compile the RH kernel on its own?
 (if now, read a howto about that, first)

did you just try "make" in the drbd directory?
 (what error messages do you get?)
did you look into linux/drbd_config.h?
 (and adjusted the defines?)
did you try the "make kernel-patch" route?
 (and patched your kernel, and then just
   "make menuconfig" in the kernel source tree?)
did you set the right compiler?
 --> export CC=gcc32
 (you may need to install it)

there were some threads about DRBD and RH/Fedora in
February and April, this year. But they only reiterate
what already can be read in INSTALL, appart from small
deviations (which made it into that file, later).

	Lars Ellenberg