[DRBD-user] Problems upgrading to pre9

Jeff Tucker jeff at jltnet.com
Thu Jul 8 17:21:28 CEST 2004

--On Thursday, July 08, 2004 10:59 AM +0200 Lars Ellenberg
<Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:

>> First, I see that CVS has gone back to the -pre8 version number. I'm
>> sure I  have the latest CVS since I had files with changes dated today,
>> including  that bitmap stuff and changes to bash and perl scripts.
>> That's not a big  deal, I guess.
>
> somehow I got the impression that the -pre9 tag never reached cvs ??
> anyways, updated to -pre10...

Yes, that's probably true. It confused me because what I checked out of CVS
was labeled -pre8 but was really newer than the -pre9 I had downloaded from
the website. And they both had the exact same July 5 date and time in the
build timestamp.

> while fixing some 32<->64 bit issues, we had to allign all our
> packets to 64bit, to make them on-the-wire compatible.
> the first ever exchanged packet (parameter exchange handshake)
> changed its size, and the code in there could not cope with that.
>
> we definetely need to introduce a new
> "fixed-size-for-the-next-100-years" handshake packet.

yes, please :-)

> fix in the works...
> anyways, yes, you need to update both peers to current cvs.

OK, so if I shut down drbd on both nodes, update them both, reboot them
both, you'd expect it to all come up fine?

Thanks
Jeff

--
Jeff Tucker