[DRBD-user] drbd 0.7 and Kernel 2.6

Luc de Louw luc at delouw.ch
Sat Jul 3 15:47:16 CEST 2004

Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:
> Luc de Louw schrieb:
>
>> if I do:
>

>> zion:/usr/local # drbdsetup /dev/nb0 disk /dev/hdb1
>>  disk lower_dev meta_data_dev meta_data_index [{--size|-d} val]
>>          [{--on-io-error|-e} val]
>> Not enough arguments.
>

> The message says it: You need to specify the meta_data parameters. They
> are mandatory.

Obviousely ;-)

>> Reading every documentation I found on the net, this command "should"
>> be correct.
>
> Last CVS should have better documentation.

I checked out the 0.7 branch and there is no example how to use it.
Unfortunately the disk section of the drbdsetup.sgml does not explain
what that kind of meta_data_dev and meta_data_index is needed for, or
how to use it.

It would be very kind if someone can point me to the right way.

Since I have some experiance with docbook sgml I can modify the doc if
wished.

rgds and thanks

Luc