[DRBD-user] initscript & udev

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Thu Jul 1 10:34:40 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 20:37, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> While we are at this topic, on our debian system udev doesn't create
> /dev/nbX but /dev/drbdX, is this an udev mis-configuration or intended to
> happen? Actually, I prever /dev/drbdX.

Hmmm, ok. I just commited a version based on your while loop, which also
takes different device names into account.

Yes, /dev/nbdX is less missleading, but we are still at major-43, which
is nbd.

[ Does anybody know how to register a new major number, I tried several
  times but never got an answer from HPA ]

-philipp