[DRBD-user] painfully slow sync

Dave Dunkin dave at gottathink.com
Mon Jan 26 08:38:08 CET 2004

I've got drbd set up on two RedHat 9 nodes with 60GB software RAID1
devices I'm trying to mirror. I started it up for the first time and it
started with a SyncAll from the primary to the secondary at around
10MB/sec (on a private 100Mbps network). Then at almost exactly 30%
though the sync, the sync speed dropped to an abysmal 500KB/sec. I've
tried upping the minimum and setting the nice level, but nothing seems
to improve the situation. I tried stopping and restarting the sync
process and the same thing happened at 30%.

Here's my setup; it looks the same on both nodes:
[root at einstein root]# drbdsetup /dev/nb0 show
Lower device: 09:04   (/dev/md4)
Disk options:
  disk-size = 65456704 KB
  do-panic