[DRBD-user] mirror config questions for manual failover

george young gry at ll.mit.edu
Tue Jan 20 20:53:24 CET 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:15:52 +0100 (MET)
"Helmut Wollmersdorfer" <helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at> threw this fish to the penguins:

> george young  gry at ll.mit.edu
> Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:21:17 -0500
>
> >  tl-size = 256            ## Hmmm, does this get calculated from sync-max?
>
> See man drbdsetup
> or http://www.drbd.org/fileadmin/drbd/doc/0.6.1/en/drbdsetup.html
>
> | --tl-size size
> | The driver uses a cyclic data structure to keep track of sent data
> | blocks. When using protocol A over a network with high latency, it might
> | be necessary to increase the size of this data structure.
> | If this is the case, the driver will write messages to the syslog
> | saying that the transfer-log is too small. The default
> | size is 256 entries.

Yes, I see that.  My drbd.conf explicitly says tl-size=5000;
I guess this device somehow lost my drbd.conf values and took on
the compiled-in defaults.

-- George

--
"Are the gods not just?"  "Oh no, child.
What would become of us if they were?" (CSL)