[DRBD-user] Second node won't mount filesystem

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Feb 27 13:19:45 CET 2004

/ 2004-02-27 12:34:59 +0100
\ thomas:
> I have 2 Nodes gamma1 192.168.1.6(primary) gamma2 192.168.1.7(secondary)
> and have on gamma1 a Raid1 System with md0,md1 and md2.
> I am using drbd 0.6.7 (will update to 11 next week) and heartbeat to
> start a simple apache.

> When I shut down gamma1, apache will start on gamma2, but the
> drbd0 (/dev/sda6) filesystem will not mount automatically, so apache
> uses the wrong Documentroot.
>
> Here my fstab (gamma2):
>  /etc/fstab: static file system information.
> #
> <pass>
> /dev/sda3       /               ext3    errors=remount-ro       0      1
> /dev/sda2       none            swap    sw                      0      0
> proc            /proc           proc    defaults                0      0
> /dev/fd0        /floppy         auto    user,noauto             0      0
> /dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 ro,user,noauto          0      0
> /dev/sda5       /tmp            ext2    defaults                1      2
> /dev/sda6       /var/www        ext3    noauto                  1      2
  ^^^^^^^^^^

DO NOT USE the drbd lower level device anywhere anymore.
this should read "/dev/nb0 /var/www"

> I added in haresources this line:
> 	gamma1 132.252.53.8 datadisk::drbd0 apache

either remove your /var/www entry from fstab
and add a Filesystem resource to haresources,

or correct your entry in fstab.

> My ha.conf is ok.
>
> This is my drbd.conf:
>
> resource drbd0 {
>   protocol=C
>   fsckcmd=fsck.ext3 -p -y
>   load-only
>
>   net {
>       sync-min    = 50M

you know that you won't get this without Gigabit Ethernet?

>       sync-max    = 90M
>       tl-size     = 5000
>       timeout     = 60
>       connect-int = 10
>       ping-int    = 10
>       }
>
>       on gamma1 {
>            device=/dev/nbd0
                           ^

on *my* box it is typically named /dev/nb0
on devfs it is named /dev/nbd/0
I don't know of any /dev/nbd0.

	Lars Ellenberg