[DRBD-user] Fedora 1 compile note

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Mon Feb 23 19:45:51 CET 2004

Tim Jackson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On the topic of compiling on Fedora, I thought it might be worth
> mentioning that the default compiler on FC1 systems is gcc 3.3.2, but the
> distro kernels are apparently built with gcc 3.2, so although I haven't
> yet seen any problems related to this, it would probably be wise to do:
>
> export CC=gcc32
>
> before compiling DRBD on FC1, if you're using a distro kernel.
>
> Tim
Thank you very much.
This solves the interesting (to me) problem I had of not being able to
recreate the kernel from source and config file.  As I needed also to compile
up the newer version of the aic7xxx driver to control the raid array drbd is
on.

'tis a lovely habit RH has of setting the default gcc to something that can't
compile their kernels. :|

--
Todd Denniston