[DRBD-user] Fedora Core 1 compile problems

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Thu Feb 19 22:25:40 CET 2004

I did get drbd-0.6.10 to build on Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow), after much
head banging, as follows:
#as root:
cd /usr/src/linux
#mod Makefile so EXTRAVERSION = -1.2115.nptl
make mrproper
cp /boot/config-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl .config
#copying in thier config gets modules the same way
make dep
make bzImage #for me it died, ignore it hope it goes away.
#yeh right.

#don't stop the build just because some files are not listed.
echo "%_unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0" >> /etc/rpm/macros

#then as self.
cd /tmp
mkdir -p builddir/rpmbuild
#assuming no current .rpmmacros file
echo "%_topdir /tmp/builddir/rpmbuild" > ~/.rpmmacros

cd builddir
tar -xzf drbd-0.6.10.tar.gz
cd drbd-0.6.10
#> edited the drbd_config.h
#> uncommented the #define SIGHAND_HACK line
make rpm

cd /tmp/builddir/rpmbuild/RPMS/i386/
su - # and install the rpms

Actually there was some gyration in this as it took me a while to figure out I
needed the "...terminate_build 0", and I am still confused as to why the
kernel did not build with the config supplied by fedora, so I might have
missed a step I did.

William Dooley wrote:
> I am having a lot of problems compiling drbd-0.6.10
> I have installed the kernel-source for my distro
> took out the custom part of the Makefile

Todd Denniston