[DRBD-user] How to enhance heartbeat in checking failures?

Andreas Huck drbd at huck.it
Fri Feb 13 00:34:26 CET 2004

Hi,

On Thursday 12 February 2004 18:07, Nicola Ranaldo wrote:

>  The question is... how can i check the server or better the "services" are
>  "really" up and running to inform heartbeat?
>  Is there a good respawn tool?
>
>  And so on, can i write a monitor plugin at application level and put it
> into
>  hb? (for example a perl script checking e-mail, web and so on).

You might try mon, a tool written in perl for monitoring higher level
services.
It can be integrated in heartbeat to even trigger a failover - or you
could monitor the HA-blackbox from "outside" and pass a trouble
ticket inside the system. Here is an example I once bookmarked:
http://www.geocities.com/latompa/ha/apache_heartbeat.html
Check http://www.nagios.org for monitoring.

Andreas

P.S.  drbd might be the wrong list -> check linux-ha