[DRBD-user] open OpenSSI-DRBD integration issues.

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Thu Feb 12 11:45:36 CET 2004

Subject: Re: drbd-0.7_pre4.tar.gz
Date: Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2004 11:32
From: En Chiang Lee <en-chiang.lee at hp.com>
To: Philipp Reisner <philipp.reisner at linbit.com>, david.zafman at hp.com
Cc: bruce at kahuna.lax.cpqcorp.net, ssic-linux-users at lists.sourceforge.net

Hi Philipp and David,

In OpenSSI, to failover file systems from one node to another, we use
the UUID to determine which device refers to the failed file system. So,
we have entries as:

UUID=d55a4892-d7be-455d-8509-cd24ab8b076b       /home   ext3
defaults,chard,node=2:1 1       2

The UUID above is the UUID of /dev/nbd/0 which is being mirrored between
node2 and node1.

Now, when I call "mount -a", instead of mounting /dev/nbd/0, it mounts
the underlying device which is /dev/ida/c0d0p3, as reflected in the mtab

   /dev/2/ida/c0d0p3 on /home type ext3 (rw,chard)

mount uses /proc/partitions to determine which devices to read for the
particular UUID. Since the drbd devices don't have entries in
/proc/partitions, only the underlying devices get checked for UUID and
so get mounted. The DRBD device will never get mounted if the UUID is
specified.

Any suggestions as to how to get around this?

Thanks,

En Chiang