[DRBD-user] Newbie questions...

Nicola Ranaldo ranaldo at unina.it
Mon Feb 9 14:50:18 CET 2004

Dear Sirs,
I would like you to ask some information about drbd:

I want to use drbd to sync a filesystem in a production server without format it of course!

Can i do:

on local server

1) umount /myfilesystem
2) drbdsetup /dev/nb0 disk /dev/myfilesystemdevice
3) drbdsetup /dev/nb0 net localaddress remoteaddress C
4) drbdsetup /dev/nb0 primary
5) drbdsetup /dev/nb0 syncer -max 100000
6) mount /dev/nb0 /myfilesystem

on remote server

1) drbdsetup /dev/nb0 disk /dev/myreplicatedfilesystemdevice
2) drdbsetup /dev/nb0 net localaddress remoteaddress c

After all, can i unmount /dev/nb0 and remount /dev/myfilesystem ?

And wath's happen if i setup again drbd ? will i need a full sync or can i get corrupted data?

how does the primary server work to maintain data relating to the incremental copy and to obtain a quick sync?

if the secondary is down, and even the primary goes down what will happen to these data ? will i need a full sync?

Your faithfully

    Niko